CD-ROM TRAY DOOR WILL NOT OPEN

TNC Discussion Board: Hardware Concerns: CD Players: CD player no longer plays: My CD drive is wierded out..: CD-ROM TRAY DOOR WILL NOT OPEN
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Chuck on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 02:14 am:

When I push the button beneath the CD-ROM tray door, the light comes on and flashes for a few seconds and the drive makes a noise like it is trying to open the door, but the door does not open -- the light stays dark for a couple of seconds, and then the above results are repeated once, then the light stays dark. Help,
Chuck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Saturday, September 21, 2002 - 02:12 am:

Chuck, it sounds like your cd-rom drive has gone bad.

Double-click my computer, right-click your cd-rom drive, and left-click on "eject" from the menu.

Insert a cdrom and then double-click your cdrom drive icon. If the cd starts running, your drive is fine and should open/shut by button now. (This is unlikely)

If the drive does not recognize the cd, eject and remove the cd. You will need to buy and install a new drive. I can walk you through the process, or you can get it preinstalled at a best buy or something.

Josh Lowe

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page