Network connection

TNC Discussion Board: Hardware Concerns: Network connection
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Bill Tougas on Tuesday, October 08, 2002 - 06:42 pm:

While online I get a message from windows stating that there is an online networking dial connection. Do I want to continue? Yes, shuts windows down. No, does nothing and the message re-appears. During this time the cursor is difficult to control and most functions don't work. I have tried Alt control delete and there is usually a program not responding but quiting the program doesn't resolve the problem. I usually have to shut down and re-start and sometimes that doesn't work if I do it to soon. Any ideas would be appreciated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Wednesday, October 09, 2002 - 07:46 pm:

Bill,

I don't know what this is, but something isn't right. What version of windows are you using? Do you use a modem to connect to the internet, or broadband?

I am going to suggest:

Double-click my computer, double-click dialup networking, delete the connections that don't belong (something besides your ISP).

Reinstall your modem:
Click start/settings/control panel, double-click modems. Select it and remove it.

Restart the pc. It will redetect and reinstall the modem.

Josh Lowe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Bill Tougas on Thursday, October 17, 2002 - 12:35 pm:

Josh thanks for the advice but I ended up having to use system restore to get the modem working again. One message I was getting was modem not connected, when I went to modems everything checked out fine. I think I have a conflict somewhere but I haven't found it. Thanks again, it was worth a shot.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page