Additional Hard Drive Installation

TNC Discussion Board: Hardware Concerns: Additional Hard Drive Installation
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Steve Costello on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 03:37 pm:

I currently have a 6GB 5400 rpm hard drive and am wanting to add a 20GB 7200 rpm drive to the system. Can I leave the 6GB as the master and run the 20GB as the slave? If this is not something I should do, how do I transfer the OS and everything else from the 6 to the 20?

I will be attempting this during the Christmas holidays when I have a few days off from work to do it. Any advice is welcome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 08:56 pm:

Steve,
I have an older(4 years)350mhz PC with a 8gb harddrive and have been told that my Motherboard in this machine will not work with a harddrive bigger than 10gb, might be something you want to check out.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page