USB 2.0 Addition

TNC Discussion Board: Hardware Concerns: Hard drive related: USB 2.0 Addition
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Steve Costello on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 03:52 pm:

I have read that you can add a USB 2.0 I/O card, but that you need Windows XP, is this correct and if not, what do I need to add USB 2.0 capabilities to my 300mhz Win 98 machine?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By InfiniteZer0 on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 10:57 pm:

USB 2.0 is great for certain applications, you need to consider what you will be using it for, wether it is a canner or camera or do u want to use it for digital video, most machines nowadays come with usb 2.0 built in but you can pick up a USB 2.0 card that will fit into a free PCI slot for about 35 dollars. aside from the card you will also need a driver ( dig around in the box ) the manufacturer will ALWAYS include this unless you buy your hardware off the back of a truck. after that you will be able to use usb 2.0, if you are even considering editing video on a 300Mhz machine though, you will need your head examined.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page