New hardware

TNC Discussion Board: Hardware Concerns: New hardware
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
LEXMARK X6170 OK  1   02/28 11:48am
Hard to find ink  1   02/04 07:00pm
Lexmark 2300  1   07/28 01:53am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By George Cooper on Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 07:57 pm:

I installed a new Lexmark 5150. I went to the site and got the update driver. I installed it and canceled everything like they told me to do. However I get amessage that says; The file wiafbdrv.dll on Windows xp pro. Cd rom is needed. On the task bar it says new hardware Lexmark x5100series. A problem occured during installation and may cause the hardware to not wrok correctly. Is this for the scanner or what do I do to stop the mesage from coming up? Do i need to get another driver from lexmark?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 11:13 am:

I'd check back with LexMark to make sure it's XP compatible, and to see if they have a troubleshooting page.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 10:26 pm:

i'm the same problem with the lexmark X6170
and XP
wiafbdrv.dll don't recognize the printer
wait and see...

where is this file ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Darlene Reames on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 08:47 pm:

I am having the same wiafbdrv.dll file is needed message when installing my Memorex 48U scanner on windows 2000. Do I need this file or is the driver the wrong one for windows 2000?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 12:44 pm:

It should be installed with Windows ME (according to MS), so you should be able to extract it from the driver5.cab file.

http://www.driverguide.com also have it - you'll need to take out free membership to access it.

Dianne Reuby
http://www.swindonvirtualoffice.co.uk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 07:03 pm:

Thank you for the help with the scanner problem. I'm still working on finding the needed file. The microsoft site says it's a hidden folder and they sure aren't kidding.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ken Green on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 01:54 am:

I have a new Lexmark 5150 3 in 1. I can't get it to print a page in less than 2 min. We tried it on a friends computer and it blew right through the pages. What do I need to make it faster?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By tuna on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 11:37 pm:

I was having the same problem with a different scanner, but i found both of the dlls i needed.. the scanner installed and works great now. I put them up on the web so if you need this dll you can download it from http://www.themonkeymen.com/visioneer/visioneer7100dlls.rar

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 07:30 pm:

I have a lexmark2300 series printer, i too keep getting the error message about the wiafbdrv.dll. i downloaded it and don't know how to get the lexmark software to read it. does anyone know what i do next.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 09:53 am:

It probably needs to be in the folder that has your Lexmark printer driver - if you locate this using Windows explorer, you can copy the dll file into the folder. Then your printer driver should find the file OK.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, November 11, 2005 - 03:01 am:

This file is for Windows Image Acquisition, the Lexmark product like others is trying to make the scanner WIA enabled but some of the windows files are missing. If you receive this error goto device manager and locate the imaging device it may have a yellow ! mark to indicate the device is not installed. choose to update the driver from here and choose the location as the scan folder on the product CD. Again you will be prompted for the wiafbdrv.dll file use the Browse button to set the location of the file to where you have stored it. It can be found on the XP CD or recovery disk, or it may be in a driver.cab file. Don't know exactly why but I had the same issue and I found that I had no driver.cab file in the "c:\windows\driver cache\i386" directory. I copied the driver.cab file from the XP CD and everything went smoothly.

RB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, February 03, 2006 - 07:08 am:

I got a LEXMARK x6100 for x-mass and I have the same problem with that stupid window saying I need the wiafbdrv.dll. Does anyone know what to do with this? I sent an email to the company still waiting for a responce....

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page