Jumpers?

TNC Discussion Board: Hardware Concerns: Hard drive related: Jumpers?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Cass on Monday, September 01, 2003 - 07:50 am:

Hi I was wondering if anyone has a picture of what jumpers look like. I have no idea what it is supposed to look like and I don't want to go around pushing things that aren't meant to be pushed. :)I just got a new hard drive and the computer starts to find it but then stops. And a friend of mine says that it might be the jumpers. Help please!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Monday, September 01, 2003 - 03:34 pm:

Intel have a drawing here:
http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/LT430TX/lt_confg.htm

Basically they're little whitish (usually) plastic covers that go onto the metal prongs to alter the jumper settings. The hard drive manual should tell you which way to set the jumpers - in other words, which pairs of prongs to connect with the plastic covers. If you didn't get a manual, do a search online to find the drive company's page -they usually have instructions in the support section.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Cass on Sunday, September 07, 2003 - 05:49 pm:

Thank you very much! I will do a search for it, as I didn't get any instructions with it. Why can't things just be easy? Just put the stupid thing in and have it go? My luck....hahaha!:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jaygeo on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 03:12 am:

Hello,

Make it simple. Just look at the Hard drive itself. There is a picture diagram. The jumper is very small, about 3/16" X 1/8", usually black, but could be a different color.

Usually when you buy a brand new Hard Drive there is a jumper installed for using the Hard Drive as your Primary Drive. The diagram will ditate if it is in the right spot. if not just pick out with your finger nails, and follow diagram and push in right spot. Very simple operation.

It will not damage your hard drive if you made a mistake.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page