Monitor color problems

TNC Discussion Board: Hardware Concerns: Monitors: New monitor problem: Monitor color problems
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By cindi on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 01:09 pm:

I have recently been experiencing a strange, flickering loss of blue. The screen will turn kind of yellow tinted. It has been just a split second, but this morning it lasted for about 5 minutes. When I went into the monitor properties and played with the color spline the blue one didn't do anything. My monitor is an AcerView 54e, and is getting old (6 years). Am I going to be replacing it soon or could there be a software problem that could be fixed?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 07:21 pm:

It could be the connection (to the PC) or the video card is loose - I found mine went back to normal if I gently wiggled the connection to the card. That monitor did die about a year later though, so it may be that the monitor itself was causing the problem.

Dianne Reuby

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page