CD rw won't format or read files

TNC Discussion Board: Hardware Concerns: CD Players: CDrw won't read files: CD rw won't format or read files
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By seabee on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 03:32 am:

Bought a new computer CDRW won't format CD and won't read the CDRW's that were written to on other computer. Tells me I am trying to read a disc in the UDF packet writing format. Says can't see contents of the disc because your system currently does not support the UDF format.
Nero says to download the InCD EasyWrite Reader. Which I did but still doesn't work and acts like the download isn't installed.

Very frustrated and clueless need HELP.

Someone told me that you can't put CDRW's in other CD drives that they weren't formatted in because only the one they were formatted in can read them is that true?

And if it is why would you want info on one of these if your CD quits working then all your files are gone forever? Like mine are right now I can't read my files on the CD at all.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page