WRONG CAPACITY H.D.

TNC Discussion Board: Hardware Concerns: Hard drive related: Amount of hard drive free?: WRONG CAPACITY H.D.
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By JOE on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 07:52 pm:

I HAVE A 40 GB H.D. BUT ALWAYS RUN OUT OF SPACE BECAUSE WHEN I GO TO MY C DRIVE PROPERTIES IT SHOWS ONLY A 2 GB H.D.
IS IT ANY WAY TO CHANGE THAT? THANKS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 06:40 pm:

What version of Windows are you using? (95, 98, XP, etc)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By JOE on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 04:26 pm:

I'M SORRY I FORGOT,I'MRUNNING 98 SE AND A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO REPLACED MY OLD 10GB HD FOR A 40 GB.
NOW IT SHOWS ONLY A 2 GB HD.THANKS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 12:36 pm:

It sounds like only part of your disk was partitioned during Windows installation.
http://support.microsoft.com has an article on this - in the search box look for article 325170, and also the webcast link in that article. (I used the text version rather than view the webcast.)

Does this article help? I can remember 20 Mb disks - I'm really getting old!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By joe on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 05:16 pm:

Thank you,dreuby,I looked at the article and use Partition Magic to fix my HDD,now it is back to normal,thank you so much!!!!!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page