WinMe not responding (hanging) problems

TNC Discussion Board: Hardware Concerns: Is it the motherboard?: WinMe not responding (hanging) problems
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jaygeo on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 02:59 am:

Hello,

I have numerous times single partition my hard drive, reformatted drive, and did a clean install of WinMe, and always come up with the same problem. Computer always hangs at help and support, and in Safe mode at help.

It does at times hang at different places, but not always at the same spot. But 100% of the time it will hang at help and support, and in the safe mode.

This looks like a simple question, but it is not. I have tried all the knowledge bases. Using another computer used the help and support provided, and still can not remedy the problem.

I know this is probably not the right place to get answer, but who knows maybe a pro is tuned in.

I will leave this posted for a week. If there is no results I will drive to Manila, and seek out the experts there. They are the best in the World, but they are far away. I will post results here for the next unfortunate one who encounters this problem. I have not seen anything they can not fix. These guys are unreal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jgvernonco on Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 05:33 pm:

ME is widely considered to be the biggest mistake that MS ever made. Memory management is terrible and it is generally unstable.

That is, right now, beside the point.

I suspect hardware or hard drive failure here. Since you have completely reformatted, I do not see how anything from the outside could corrupt your system. You are not even at the point where you could run scan disk, are you?

Remote hardware diagnostics would be almost impossible at the place I understand that you are at, so we are not going to be much help, I am afraid.

On the bright side, a trip to Manila is a nice distraction...:-).

If we can provide any other help, please let us know. Also, please let us know how this turned out; we'll be curious to know what happened.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Chin Shi Hong on Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 12:43 pm:

Upgrade to Windows XP from Windows ME or Uninstall Windows ME then Install Windows XP.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page