Monitor trouble - text on monitor appears with shadow

TNC Discussion Board: Hardware Concerns: Monitors: Monitor trouble - text on monitor appears with shadow
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Monitor question  2   12/05 07:19am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By DP on Sunday, November 26, 2000 - 11:53 am:

What I say in the subject is about the best way I can describe it. Everything has a shadow. I've tried to make adjustments, but nothing seems to improve the appearance.

Thanks!

jmperry@rocketmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Raj on Sunday, March 18, 2001 - 11:46 am:

Hi DP
I had a similar trouble of shadows
while reading text and it was the culprit
the monitor(SAMSUNG).

NOW is it possible to replace a color picture
tube of a larger size, where cabinet and
other fittings are not concern.
from 14" to 17" with some minor electronic
alterations.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Frank Lavallee on Thursday, March 22, 2001 - 06:52 am:

A good 17" - 19" monitor nowadays will cost you only $300.00 - $400.00. I would opt for a new one.

Set it for no higher than 16-bit color, keep the video drivers updated, and install the Microsoft DirectX 8.0a drivers.

http://www.senior.com/newbies/CaptainSpeleo/ehouse.asp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Raj on Sunday, March 25, 2001 - 09:59 pm:

Thanks Frank for your reply.

My 14" SAMSUNG monitor 45Bn (Malaysian assembled), when set at Max.Resolution,
(1024 X 768)pixels, a very high frequency whistle is heard, which is quite irratating sometimes.
Does it mean its Extra High Tension (EHT)or LOT
Transformer is on the verge to fail down.
and needs immediate replacement.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page