New system no sound

TNC Discussion Board: Hardware Concerns: Sound Card Concerns: New system no sound
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By michael jones on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 10:21 am:

I have built a new pc for a freind built on an Apox 8RDA31 NForce2 M/B, Athlon Barton 3000+ cpu, 1GB PC3200, ATI 9600 256mb, I used sound on board, when XP, M/B drivers, graphics drivers were loaded on restart the windows startup sounded but was cut short and then there was no more sound from either system sounds or music cds, I checked the sound settings and everything incl spkr and volume settings are fine. To get around the problem, I then switched off and and installed a new sound card, a soundblaster live, on startup I entered the bios and switched of the onboard sound, I then formatted the drive and re-installed all the software again this time using the drivers for the new soundcard, on restart we entered windows we had the sound but once again it was cut short we had the same problem, the same checks on the sound settings were made incl spkr config, volume and that nothing was muted. This has left me stumped.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page