Win XP cannot find drive D

TNC Discussion Board: Hardware Concerns: CD Players: Cd rom error message: D:\is not accessible/not ready: Win XP cannot find drive D
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Evelyn Hendricks on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 02:55 am:

I have Dell Dimension 8400 that I just finished setting up two days ago. Today while I was looking at the icons on the desktop (the icons that were put there by programs Dell installed) something happened to the computer. I don't know what caused it or exactly what the problem looked like, but I restarted the computer. When it started it said it could not find the D drive. That is my CD-R Rom drive. It no longer shows in "My Computer." I used it to erase a CD-R disc since then, but it still does not show up as being on the computer.
I think the program I was in when this happened was MusicMatch, but I am not positive of that.
What could have caused this problem? More important, how can I repair it? Help is urgently needed.
Evelyn Hendricks

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page