Hd showing smaller size

TNC Discussion Board: Hardware Concerns: Hd showing smaller size
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By caraloca on Wednesday, January 12, 2005 - 04:46 am:

I was trying to prepare my Hd to format and re-install win xp pro using one of the utilities from seagate like I always do, the utility is call disk wizard.
By mistake trying to make a partition I click in something that made my hard drive smaller, now is only 33000mb (33gb) instead of the 80000mb (80GB).
I saw in the bios and say 33gb also when I start the win install say 33gb.
I tried everything to restore it using this utility from seagate by I can not do it.
I had this Hd for long time and it always show me the real size until now that I played with.
Would you please help me with this?.
Thank you beforehand for your help and time
Art

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, January 14, 2005 - 04:22 am:

You may have to completely delete your partition information on that drive using the seagate utility. (fdisk may not recognize the drive properly.) After deleting that information, you can repartition and format the drive using the utility. However, keep in mind that would cause you to lose everything on that drive.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I haven't used a seagate drive utility in a while, and my memory fades on the exact details.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page