Video driver

TNC Discussion Board: Hardware Concerns: Video Cards: Video driver
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
How To find my specific type of video driver  2   12/27 12:16pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By nairobiaqueen on Sunday, February 11, 2001 - 07:29 pm:

HELP! I am having a problem with the color setting. When I'm browsing I can not read everything because the colors are so discolored. The control panel will not accept the change from 16 colors to 256. Orignally it was at 256. If I insert my HiNote VP 700 Series Window 95 System CD can I correct it this way?
HELP MY PLEASE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, February 12, 2001 - 07:17 pm:

Nairobiaqueen:

I think that somehow your computer is loading the default display adapters... meaning it will only display in 16 colors.

To fix this, you will need to reinstall your video card software. This is probably not on your win95 cd-rom, unless it is a package cd like a Gateway Restoration cd...something like that.

If it is not, then you need to locate the cd-rom or floppy that is used to install your video card. You need to reinstall that software.

Hope that helps,

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page