Printer Problem.

TNC Discussion Board: Hardware Concerns: Printer Problem.
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Printer missing some alphabetical characters  1   06/29 01:44pm
Spooler problem /printer  2   04/14 07:11pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, April 25, 2001 - 04:22 pm:

My printer is not working. It is a deskjet 640c HP, what can I do to begin with? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Wednesday, April 25, 2001 - 10:02 pm:

Is it working at all, or is it completely dead?

If it's dead, have you checked the power leads and connections, etc? Try something else in the wall socket (electrical outlet) to check your socket is OK (I've fallen for that one before!)

Will it do a test print?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, April 26, 2001 - 07:31 pm:

Thank you dreuby. It is working, but not printing. It gives out a blank paper with one or two lines, I don't know wethear this is test print or not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, April 27, 2001 - 02:50 pm:

Anon:

Try clicking start/settings/printers. Then, right-click on your printer and choose properties.

Click the button that says "print test page". The reason dreuby says that you should print a test page is that a test page prints directly from windows to your printer, without any extra software getting in the way. That will narrow down the scope of the problem.

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, April 28, 2001 - 08:29 am:

Thank you Josh. I did as you instructed and I got a printer test page. Now what can I do?

Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 02:44 pm:

Anon:

Ok, if your test page printed correctly (should have a windows logo and a bunch of system information on the page), then that means that there is a software problem.

Try one other test.

Click start/run. Type in 'notepad' without the quotes and hit enter.

Type in "test" or something like that in the open window. Click "file, print" to print the page. Check and see if it prints correctly.

If this works, then what program are you trying to print from that creates a problem?

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jetty on Sunday, February 17, 2002 - 12:58 am:

Josh, I have an Epson 440 Stylus Printer that does not print at all. I did all the things that the Epson website suggested, like cleaning, changing cartridges, etc., but nothing works.... It will come on, and when you click to print something, it will run, the paper will go through it, but nothing is on the paper! I tried what you suggested above, going to start,settings, printer, properties, click on print test page, but absolutely nothing happened...... any suggestions???? Thanks ......My Email is Jlpla47@aol.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, August 24, 2002 - 02:09 am:

I have written you recently about this printer problem, but forget to mention when I go to properties and details, LPTl(ECP printer port)is displayed. Nothing happens when I run a test. Printer light is one, but no movement by printer.The error message is printer not ready, error writing to LPTl. 855CHP printer -windows 98. I have checked the cables, re-installed the driver so far.If I push resume button printer motion starts, blank paper.I have 3 printers and all not working.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By luke donnelley on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 09:33 am:

A good site with information on how to fix your printer is at www.fixyourownprinter.com

Maybe this can help you.

Cheers,

Luke

--------

Printer Ink Buyers Guide - How to save 30% to 85% on printer ink cartridges.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ooaobjc@ebay.com on Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 03:11 pm:

Authentication Error

Your username/password combination was invalid, or you do not have permission to post to this topic. You may revise your username and password using the form at the bottom of this page.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page