My CD drive is wierded out..

TNC Discussion Board: Hardware Concerns: CD Players: CD player no longer plays: My CD drive is wierded out..
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
CD-ROM TRAY DOOR WILL NOT OPEN  2   09/21 02:12am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sunny45 on Thursday, May 03, 2001 - 10:53 pm:

My CD drive plays a music CD just fine. When I went to install a disc for a new microsoft keyboard to get some internet buttons set up, I noticed that there is no D drive listed in My computer area. When I try to install the CD disc that came with the keyboard, it says D:\ drive folder had been removed or moved.

Any suggestions?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, May 04, 2001 - 04:08 pm:

Sunny:

Besides music cd's, do computer cd's do like the keyboard software? I think that if the cd works for music, it seems like your keyboard software cd is bad. Try putting in a different software cd and see if it works. Post back if not.

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By lynndiamond on Saturday, May 05, 2001 - 01:36 am:

Ok, I have tried a couple of other CDS - program CDS and when I got to Start-Run-type in D:setup or D:install it comes back and says cannot find the D: path or one of its components - Make sure the path and library files are correct. I also do not see my D drive listed in MY COMPUTER when I see the A and C drive listed. My media player also does not seem to recognize the music CDs that I have tried to play and get on the Library List for Windows Media Player. Hmmmm??? Thanks for your kind reply.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page