CD-RW how-to?

TNC Discussion Board: Hardware Concerns: CD-RW how-to?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Driver for Acer External CDRW 4x4x6  2   03/06 06:58pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ginny Mitchell on Saturday, May 05, 2001 - 11:43 pm:

I have a CD_RW. I'd like to record from my boombox(Cassette) to the CD-RW. I bought the connecting jacks, installed the CD-RW softare and have the correct CD/s. How do I begin?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Sunday, May 06, 2001 - 02:09 am:

Ginny:

I am not sure. Did software come with your adapters to input tapes to the computer? Or are you just hooking through speaker? If so, you need to run some type of sound recording program to record the music onto a file...needs to be a ".wav" file.

Then, drag and drop the wav file onto your cd-r software. (if you want to play the cd's in a regular cd-player, use CD-R's, not CD-RW's.)

Josh Lowe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ginny1956 on Saturday, June 30, 2001 - 10:27 am:

I have software that came with the Dell for using the burner but other than that I don't think there is any other software installed. How can I find out if there is and if there is not, how do I get the kind you are talking about? Also, why can't I use CD-RW's?
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Saturday, June 30, 2001 - 08:54 pm:

Hey Ginny,

I am talking about simple wav creation software, or sound recording software, some computers come with that installed. For example, my sound card came with a "Wav Studio."... .you may find something looking around on your start menu.

If not, you can download a copy of this software, which seems to do the same type of thing:

http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-1896417-100-5043089.html

You plug in through your Sound IN or Mic plug on your sound card.

Save your files as stereo wav files. Keep in mind they get very large, so after you do burn them, go ahead and delete them.

Next, start up your Cd-burning software, which is most likely "Adaptec Easy CD Creator."

Cancel the wizard if it starts up. Click the Audio tab. You can either drag and drop your wav files onto the cd-writer, or you can navigate to their folder from the top half of the cd-writer screen.

Once you have all of your music in the list, press the Record button (with the red dot). Click OK, and you should be ready to go.

Now, important: You MUST use CD-R's for them to play in a regular cd player. Why dont cd-rw's work? Well, it has to do with the way data is stored on them. A CD-R actually has information "burned" on it while a CD-RW contains metal layers, which are magnetically changed to be reflective or non-reflective. At any rate, the CD-R is like a regular cd, while a cd-rw cannot be read by normal cd players.

Josh

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page