Product key / product id woes

TNC Discussion Board: Hardware Concerns: Reformating computer: Product key / product id woes
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Rosemary on Monday, May 14, 2001 - 08:37 am:

Folks, I have two computers out of commission. For the Gateway, the certificate of authenticity and product id is not at hand, even though the windows98 CD is, and we reformatted the hard drive BEFORE realizing that we could look at "my computer" and the preferences. Can't find the book.
The ThinkPad had two Windows95 installed by a previous owner: one English, one Japanese. At the time of sale, lots of floppies, CDs, and books changed hands, but in the shuffle we have lost the CDs and the TP wants Windows reinstalled.

Any ideas? Sure wish we had used a marker to write the product id directly on the CDs.
AAARRRRGGGGGGHHHH.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, May 14, 2001 - 02:30 pm:

Hey Rosemary:

Yes, you should label all of your cd's with product codes... I definately do that, and I have a printed page with the name of the program and key beside it for all my programs to be put on one page. (That sentence doesn't make much sense, but I think it is understandable.)

However, hindsight is always 20/20...and you need the key now. Well... there are some sites that have codes to try, and also some ways to get around the key code, but I would never share that information.

But, if http://kickme.to/winblowz98/ happens to fall out of my mouth, I am not responsible if you decide to use it! ;)

Josh

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page