Screen centering

TNC Discussion Board: Hardware Concerns: Monitors: Screen centering
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, May 25, 2001 - 08:47 pm:

On my screen there is a black band running down the side and the top of the screen seems to be cut off. What is causing this?????????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, May 25, 2001 - 09:35 pm:

Anon:

You need to adjust your display by either turning the knobs on the bottom on your monitor, or by using the buttons on the front of the monitor.

Unfortunately, every monitor is different in how this is setup. There should be pictures to help guide you in changing the settings. Don't worry about messing something up...if something goes too far one way, just move it back the other way.

Josh Lowe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chaz on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 11:59 am:

I have the same problem. I have tried the suggested methods..and also gone into "display settings", but, if I shutdown or restart my computer, it goes right back to the way it was, with the black band on one side and the top. Also, when I did adjust it, the picture and images were somewhat distorted if I wanted to get rid of the black border completely. I finally gave up and contend with the partial "border", annoying as it is sometimes. (That is usually when I'm sitting staring at the screen because another problem has "cropped up", then the border really jumps out at me...)

chaz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Fudger on Saturday, July 21, 2001 - 11:45 pm:

Apparently there are no monitor people here? I have the same problem only on STARTUP AND SHUTDOWN, everything else is fine. Is there no expertise here to tackle this? KLEER 17 " k7 monitor, compaq 5050 presario, 8gb hd 96 ram win 98, ie 5.0, it was working fine and on boot up or dhut down once it changed and i have no idea why. There is a black border on the right side and bottom, the shutdown and bootup logos, have shifted left and up 2 ".
thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Cheryl on Sunday, July 22, 2001 - 02:57 pm:

I have had a similar problem & it was to do with the resolution my monitor was set at. I right clicked on the monitor icon in bottom right corner and chose smaller numbers (went from 1024 X 724-16 bit to 800 X 600-16 bit ) and it spread the desktop screen out to reach the full width of the monitor screen. I don't know alot about computers so this may not be it. But who knows :)

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page