To Partition or not to Partition?

TNC Discussion Board: Hardware Concerns: Hard drive related: To Partition or not to Partition?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ronald on Saturday, June 16, 2001 - 09:34 am:

Is it a good idea to partition your hard drive anymore? I know on older hard drives it was practically a neccesity. But what about new ones? I have a 60GB hard drive. When this computer takes it in it's mind that I didn't shut down properly - when in reality I did - it takes 5 hours for it do that stupid scan disk. Does it even help anymore?

Ron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Arline on Saturday, June 16, 2001 - 10:21 am:

Hi Ron,

Windows 98SE has a shut down problem, you can download the fix from the update site. What happens is this, the program closes down too fast for all your data to be transfered onto the hard drive and put into the places it should be. The fix allows a 2 second delay before the program closes so your pc has the time to shunt everything around and close it and by rights you should have no more problems with the scan disk.
I sure hope you can understand this, but i had the same problem myself and solved it this way.

Arline

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page