Enable USB

TNC Discussion Board: Hardware Concerns: Scanners: Enable USB
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Charlie on Tuesday, July 24, 2001 - 01:44 pm:

I have a Compaq Presario 5304 computer with Windows 98 Second Edition. I have been trying to hook up a Visioneer 6100 USB Flatbed Scanner without success (actually, I have tried several other scanners with the same result). In every instance, I get the message "Enable USB Support in BIOS". I know what the message is telling me, but I have been unable to figure out how to enable the USB controller. Can anyone help me?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, July 30, 2001 - 12:41 am:

Charlie:

This is a pure guess, but you might want to enable legacy USB support in the Bios. During the beginning of the bootup, press the delete key. You will enter the bios setup. Don't change anything that you are unsure of. You may have to hunt around in the different menus to find it... but somewhere in there there is some type of enabling posibility for legacy USB.

Try that and see if that helps.

Josh Lowe

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page