Sound card gets "tired"?

TNC Discussion Board: Hardware Concerns: Sound Card Concerns: Sound card gets "tired"?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 11:42 am:

I have a SoundBlaster PCI 128 card. It works just fine until the computer has been on for a few hours, then the sound becomes distorted. Rebooting cures the problem temporarily, but I cannot figure out the cause. I took the card out of the slot and put it back in, even tried moving in to different slots, removed and reinstalled the drivers, updated the drivers too. None of these things helped. I have a dual-booting system and the same thing happens in both Windows 98 and Windows 2000.
Tech support at the manufacturer cannot figure it out, and I've posted this on numerous tech forums. Nobody has had an answer yet.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page