Computer won't turn off

TNC Discussion Board: Hardware Concerns: Can' shutdown: Computer Won't turn off.: Computer won't turn off
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Martin Kennedy on Friday, February 01, 2002 - 05:33 am:

Josh, thanks for the message. I do know that I need to hold in the power button for four seconds to shut the power off, and I have been caught once or twice not selecting the "Shut Down" radial button (before I relized that the system remembers the your last selection). I am running Win98. I was thinking of reloading Win98 and seeing if the problem goes away. Any other suggetions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, February 01, 2002 - 05:32 pm:

It shouldn't be restarting itself on shutdown. Yes, a reload would be the next thing that I would try in this situation.

Just put in the win98 disk from within windows, and it will install without overwriting any user files.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page