I'm trying to build my own computer but I need help

TNC Discussion Board: Hardware Concerns: I'm trying to build my own computer but I need help
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Assistance with an Acer  1   03/21 10:30pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By LWINNIN@agribank.com on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 01:01 am:

Would anyone be willing to help me out? I'm on a budget though, I only have $1200 to spend on this. I have a monitor and a keboard already, I just need to figure out how to put the actual CPU together. Is it hard?
If you can help me save some money, I'm willing to give whoever helps me some of the money I save. I just want a computer that I can use to check my email and I want to use Microsoft Office and my Quicken.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me! My number is 651-282-8784. and my email address is LWINNIN@agribank.com

Linda Winning
LWINNIN@agribank.com
651-282-8784

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chaz on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 02:27 am:

here's a site that you might find useful.

http://www.pcmech.com/byopc/step/1/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By LWINNIN@agribank.com on Friday, March 08, 2002 - 01:18 am:

thanks but I need to talk to a person who can walk me through this. can you contac me? I have paypal and i can paypal you some money in exchange for your time and assistance. If anyone can help me it would be great! Thanks so much! My number is 651-282-8784. and my email address is LWINNIN@agribank.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, March 08, 2002 - 05:40 pm:

Linda,

While it is true someone may be able to walk you through this (I can do it), I think that if you are really new to working with the insides of computers, this may not be the best idea. I think that you may discover that although building a computer is not rocket science, it isn't a walk in the park, either.

My personal suggestion, since you already have a monitor, is to customize and price a mid-range dell. At the office where I work, I haven't been building our user pc's because we can buy them cheaper than I can build them. I think that on a budget, you may find this is the case for you too.

Check out some of their prices...at work we have gotten about 6 machines recently, all for around 800.

After getting one, then you can read up on computer components, and look in the case and learn what different parts are and what they do.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page