Cd-rw error,

TNC Discussion Board: Hardware Concerns: Cd-rw error,
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Sony cd-rw problem  1   05/19 08:32pm
No Sound  1   12/01 01:56am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By RoseMary Eaves on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 06:49 pm:

I just did a complete diagnostic test on my pc, have a compaq 7598, w/ wind 98,. receive an error mesage stating CD-RW1 sequential read test failed, error code 066003001, followed by other details, last statement said"Illegal Mode for this track"
ALSO received message: CD-RW1 Random Read Test failed, error code: 066004001, followed by detailed info with the last statement saying" Illegal Mode for this Track"
I have saved pictures on a cd before,There are around 20 pics on it. I noticed that I could not retrieve these pics anymore, When I try to open the Drive F on My Computer with this cd in it, there is nothing listed in this cd. I can't even Save As... on this picture cd or a new 1 anymore. any help would be appreciated.... see next post...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By RoseMary Eaves on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 06:53 pm:

It's like my cd-rw doesn't work anymore, although i can retieve pics on another cd, I can NOT Save to it. It states " Can not write to disk drive f, please remove write protection" I have no idea what I did, or how to fix it.... Please.... any help would be appreciated. Tnaks RME

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By TRACY SMITH on Saturday, January 08, 2005 - 02:37 am:

I RECIEVED THIS ERROR ALSO WHEN I DID THE DIOGNOSTIC TEST ON MY COMPAQ HERE IT READS:

Sequential Read Test:test failed, error code: 066003001

AND I WENT LOOKING FOR A PROBLEM BECAUSE I CANT GET MY HARD DRIVE TO DEFRAG.. OR FINISH SCAN DISK, ALSO I HAVE BEEN GETTING ERROR MESSASGES READING RUN TIME SCRIPS ERROR, DUE TO ABORMAL SHUTDOWN OF YPAGER.. AND I CAN NO LONGER GO ON THAT SCREEN NAME, I ALSO HAVE BEEN GETTING WARINIG SAYING MY SECURITY SETTING IS SET TO HI , TO SET IT TO MEDUIM AND ITS ALREADY THERE, AND I CONTINUE TO GET THE ERROR MESSAGES, SAYING ACTIVEx CANT RUN BECAUSE OF THE SETTINGS. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE... TRACY.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page