Purchasing CD/RW-what kind?

TNC Discussion Board: Hardware Concerns: Purchasing CD/RW-what kind?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Shirley Townsend on Sunday, July 07, 2002 - 07:21 pm:

I have a 56K data fax modem and Windows Me with Norton System Works 2001 Professional. I recently purchased a Philips CDRW 400 with Easy CD Creator 4 Standard Edition and Direct CD. I've had this about 2 months and have never been able to use as every time I try to install I get the following message,"No supported CD-R/CD-RW drive".

I've been to Roxio and they told me to update but when I did I got this message, " Old file not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match."

Since then I have had no response from Roxio. My pc is only 1 year old and I'm thinking of getting another CDRW to relace this one. What woould you recommend? I can't afford over $100.00 for one since I've been out that much on this one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, July 08, 2002 - 03:29 am:

Shirley,
Have you tried to re-install the Philips CDRW, the message "No supported CD-R/CD-RW drive" sounds like the drivers didn't go in right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By shirley townsend on Monday, July 08, 2002 - 11:10 am:

Yes, have installed, uninstallied and reinstalled several times. Another site told me of conflicts with Norton Utilities and with Microsoft Works so I uninstalled them and tried to reinstall it and it still doesn't work. Just want to get another one but want to make sure it will work.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page