Could My PC Have Come With A Second Hard Drive

TNC Discussion Board: Hardware Concerns: Hard drive related: Can I have 2 hard drives: Could My PC Have Come With A Second Hard Drive
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By longlashes on Friday, August 02, 2002 - 09:41 pm:

Hi,

Have a two year old H.P. Pavilion Pentium III with Win98SE. Here's the dumb question. Did my PC come installed with a second hard drive and how would I identify it. Would another letter show up in the Win Explorer Tree. The reason I am asking is that it was suggested that I store my Documents on another drive on my PC in case of a failure. Upon doing a PC Profile Summary, under the drives column it states..

30 gig usable hard drive capacity
19.27 gig hard drive free space
CD-Rom drive
Generic floppy disk drive
Generic IDE hard disk drive 30 gb - drive 0.

I can't tell for sure from the info above.

thanks, longlashes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Tuesday, August 06, 2002 - 05:31 am:

Hi LL, I don't think so, I think that is just identifying the type of HD you have "Generic IDE hard drive", open "My Computer", and look for all of your drives, probably "A"(floppy), "C" (harddrive), "G" (CD-ROM) and maybe "D" if you have a CD burner, or "E" if you have some type of removable drive like a camera memory card reader, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By longlashes on Tuesday, August 06, 2002 - 03:48 pm:

Solved. No other message but to say Thank you....Richard

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page