Unable to download............

TNC Discussion Board: Downloads, uploads, file transfers: Unable to download............
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Need help with downloading a firewall.  2   09/24 02:58am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Fred Hoffman on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 11:13 am:

When I click a download link I end up with a nearly blank page. Upper left corner of page displays a small rectangle---inside that rectangle is a small red rectangle, a blue triangle and a dark circle.

This is a new experience. Could it have anything to do with IE6 or System Suite 4.0 with it's firewall?
TIA,
Fred

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 09:07 pm:

Fred, I believe this is what you see if you don't have a particular plugin installed. Perhaps if you click on that little icon (or double-click), you will find that it will bring you to a website to download the plugin to make the page work.

I'm betting that it is shockwave/flash, which you can get here: http://www.shockwave.com

Josh Lowe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Fred Hoffman on Saturday, September 14, 2002 - 08:50 pm:

Hey Josh,

I am seeing your name and advice all over the forum. Hope you never tire of hearing "thanks".
Times like this I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't belong to the newbis club.

Thanks again,

Fred Hoffman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Saturday, September 21, 2002 - 02:14 am:

Thank you Fred. I love it when someone responds back letting me know when a suggestion fixes the problem.

Sorry, I kinda jumped at you in a reply in another thread, but I hadn't read a couple other posts you had made. My mistake.

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sherri holmes on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 02:28 am:

had my computer rebuilt with xp. i'm having a problem with word. when i download stuff into word it's like it's written in computer language and i don't know how to change it. thanks in advance. holmes_sherri@charter.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 02:08 pm:

Does Word work OK when you type stuff straight into it? Where are you downloading the stuff from?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 02:10 pm:

It may be that the files you're downloading are in a language like Arabic, Japanese, Russian, or similar - and you don't have those character sets installed. Then the documents would look funny - full of squares and special characters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ronald on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 06:50 pm:

I am running win98 2d edition and IE version 6 with all current updates. I cannot download, when I click on any link the download window opens and the search starts but there is no fill: Eventually a message window opens that reads page/file is unavailable or nonexsistent try again later. I can however download from microsoft's update site. Can anyone please help me. Thanks. Ronald

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page