Need help with downloading a firewall.

TNC Discussion Board: Downloads, uploads, file transfers: Unable to download............: Need help with downloading a firewall.
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, September 22, 2002 - 02:55 pm:

I neeed to install Zone Alarm. It says "exit all Windows programs before executing this setup" OKay I am a very New newbie. What does this mean and how do I do it? Is is all the little icons on the bottom right of my screen by the time? I have 7 of them there. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 02:58 am:

Anon:

Ignore the message, just make sure you don't have any windows like internet explorer open. Or any other program that uses the internet.

When you install zone alarm, it will give you a slight tutorial on how to use it. However, it's not the easiest thing to understand.

All you need to remember is: It will ask everytime a program attempts to use the internet. Click the "don't ask me again" and then YES if you want the program to always be able to use the internet without your permission (such as Internet Explorer or Outlook Express). Eventually, it will quiet down and stop popping up all the time.

Josh Lowe

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page