Resizing photos

TNC Discussion Board: Downloads, uploads, file transfers: Resizing photos
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Pat on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 05:33 pm:

I like to send photos via email but they are too big! I either scan them from prints or upload from CD. I have Irfan View and Adobe Photo Deluxe. I've also tried to scan a written signature to use with emails and it's too big. Thanks for any help.
pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 09:51 am:

In IrfanView, choose Image > resize/resample to
change the height and width.

Then use Image > Decrease color depth to reduce the number of colours in the picture. You need to reduce the number of colours as well as the size to make the file smaller, unless the person you're sending it to really needs to see millions of colours. (The human eye can't detect fewer colours).

If they have a zip program, or WinXP which has a built-in zip, you can zip before sending to make the download smaller.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page