I downloaded boxes

TNC Discussion Board: Downloads, uploads, file transfers: I downloaded boxes
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Steve Wiser on Friday, February 13, 2004 - 02:14 am:

I recently bought an ebook and it downloaded fine except every letter of every word appears as a tiny box. I retried downloading it several times and always get the same results. I regularly download ebooks and have never seen this before or since. Tried to email the author but no reply. I use acrobat reader. Can anyone help as I realy want to read this book>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Sunday, February 15, 2004 - 03:26 pm:

It sounds as though it's in a font not available on your system, for example a chinese or japanese font that doesn't use a Latin character set. If you open it in Acrobat, and choose File> Document Properties > Fonts, it should list the names of the fonts used.

You may have to dig about on the website where you downloaded it to see if they offer it in different languages.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page