Web Page icons

TNC Discussion Board: Downloads, uploads, file transfers: Web Page Download???: E-books: Web Page icons
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Marion Shean on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 06:19 pm:

I have web page files and all files have an Adobe icon. I donít us adobe, I did have it installed once but took I it out. Still canít make the files look like Front Page, what is my next move. This is not very important but it just annoys me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 08:55 am:

If you right-click one of the files, and choose Properties, you may have a "change icon" button, which will allow you to change it to FP - you may have to choose a "browse" button then to search for the correct icon.

If you only have a "Change" button, use this to choose FP, and make sure the little box at the bottom is checked to say "always open with this".

That may do it. Aren't these glitches annoying? Let us know if this works - if not I'll look for something else to try.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Marion Shean on Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 01:12 am:

I read you message now I'll see if it works Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By MARION F SHEAN on Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 09:57 pm:

No luck just can't fined the way

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 11:29 am:

What is the file extension of the files you're having the problem with? (for example .html, .doc, .txt, etc)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Marion Shean on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 11:32 am:

Html--- web page files

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 08:25 pm:

Can you open them by opening your browser, and then choosing File, Open?

The other option is to open FP, and use File, Open to open the file. I've not used FP, but it may have a way for you to tell your system to always open that filetype with FP - dig around for an options menu.

You could add FP to your "Send to" menu - here are the instructions:
http://www.theeldergeek.com/send_to_menu_command.htm

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page