How Do I "clear my cache"

TNC Discussion Board: Downloads, uploads, file transfers: How Do I "clear my cache"
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
New location for DLL Archive  1   04/17 07:08pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Mystic Krewe on Tuesday, December 12, 2000 - 10:32 pm:

My computer is running really slow, a friend told me to "clear my cache". I expected to find a button (preferably red & flashing), no such luck.
Help !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, December 13, 2000 - 04:31 am:

In Internet Explorer 5, On the tool bar click Tools, then click Internet Options, next click The clear History Button, next click the Delete Files Button. Your done, If you want to clear your cookies click the Settings Button, then Click the View Files Button, there you can pick any cookies that you want to delete.

In Netscape, On the tool bar Click Edit, then Click Preferences, Click the Plus sign next to Advanced, next Click Cache then you will see 2 buttons on the right side one will say Clear Memory Cache and the other will say Clear Disk Cache clicking those those buttons will invoke a popup that will say this will remove all files currently in your memory/disk cache click O.K. then click O.K. again on the bottom of the screen your done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Frank Lavallee on Thursday, December 14, 2000 - 11:37 am:

You may also have a bunch of TEMP files stashed away and also have too many programs running in the background.

Go into Find, Files And Folders(make sure Include Subfolders is checked), then delete EVERYTHING that appears under the following:

c:\windows\temp
c:\temp
*.tmp

Right-click the Start button, click Open, double-click Programs, then double-click StartUp. Right-click and delete everything in there. This will prevent these programs from loading and running in the background during startup. This DOES NOT uninstall or disable the function of these programs.

Go to http://www.senior.com/newbies/CaptainSpeleo/ehouse.asp and read the article, "Clean Up And Speed Up".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, December 14, 2000 - 04:04 pm:

Need to "clean up and speed up"--SO I went to
senior.com/newbies/CaptainSpeleo/ehouse.asp
and got the message "Page cannot be displayed"
I still need that info--who can help with a simple fix?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Lance on Sunday, September 18, 2005 - 01:44 am:

An excellent free utility is CCleaner. It has many functions and will rapidly clean out all the miscelaneous junk, as well as give you a list of the useless entries in your Registry:
http://www.ccleaner.com
or you can take a quick tour of its features here:
http://www.ccleaner.com/help/tour1.asp
Not only will it clean out IE temporary files but also Firefox files.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page