FTP problems is Kerio Firewall to blame?

TNC Discussion Board: Downloads, uploads, file transfers: FTP problems is Kerio Firewall to blame?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, September 02, 2005 - 12:19 pm:

Hi - Trying unsuccessfully to upload a web page via FTP Explorer. It could be the Kerio Personal Firewall.

I looked at the weblogs on it after trying the FTP yet again this morning and sure enough in the 'intrusions' folder it had the ports listed that show up in the ftp programme when I connect, so the firewall is reading these connection attempts as an attack so is blocking them.

I can add 'trusted sites' into the firewall to allow transfers of information without blocking, but I don't know what web address I should use to identify the ftp progamme as a trusted site??

What firewall programmes do most people use.

any advice welcome - thanks.

gill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Friday, September 02, 2005 - 12:43 pm:

I use Zone Alarm (the free version). On that, all you need to tell it is if you want a program to access the internet - for example, I would tell it to allow my FTP program access.

Looking at Kerio's online help, you should be able to go to Behaviour Blocking, and the Applications tab, to tell Kerio to allow your FTP program.
http://www.kerio.com/manual/kpf/en/ch13s02.html

This is very similar to Zone Alarm - I expect they all work in more or less the same way.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page