Retrieving loss ......................

TNC Discussion Board: Downloads, uploads, file transfers: Retrieving loss ......................
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sandra Kupahu on Thursday, December 14, 2000 - 02:08 am:

Hi,
Inadvertently I somehow deleted Outlook Express from my desktop.I know she is deep inside my computer but cann't seem to retreive her and bring her back up.I get this message "file cannot be found,etc,etc,etc."yet I see her hidden way down inside.Have even tried to download a newer version...but it doesn't take hold.Is there anything I need to do as to have her bought up again.I taught myself how to use this computer by reading alot of books so am not to computer savvy..but have done good so far.This is one project I need help cause cann't do some of my files without Outlook Express.Saw your ooooo so easy Defrag instructions.thought u may have something for this topic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Thursday, December 14, 2000 - 03:14 am:

Sandra:
First, look in the "Re-cycle bin" and see if your "Outlook" folder is still in there. If it is, right click and select then click "Restore".

If not you will have to run set up from your Windows disk.

To do this, Insert Windows disk in CD and click "Explore" look for Outlook express and click set up. This should reinstall it.
Then you will hav to reconfig your email
If you need help on this, repost here after you get Outlook back and we'll help.

Catchup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sandra on Friday, December 15, 2000 - 01:14 am:

Hi,:)
tried what you said..but then I realized something was indeed missing.Whenever I tried to get in ...apop-up pops out and says I need this to restore her..
.......Windows 98 Second Edition CD-Rom......I have a new gateway....and nothing like that came with any of the booklets and disk.So that means I have to go & buy one...right...my husband said it should be already in the hard drive but I think he meant just Windows 98.Could you widen this out for me.....Aloha..:)..Sandy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sandy on Friday, December 15, 2000 - 03:20 am:

HI:)
I'm so happy I could scream...<yes..:):
Thank you,Thank you,Thank you....:) :)
I kept going and going after this till I FINALLY got it right.I now have my Outlook Express back up on my desktop....OH,Glory day.....I'm so glad I found your site thru my SFI Newsletter.Both you and your company deserve a great Big lucious (((((((((HUG)))))))).
Thanks for just being there for this newbie..
Aloha and Mahalo much..:)..Sandy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Tristan on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 03:22 am:

I have been told that in order to restore my System Wizard program, that I will have to perform a selective recovery on my system from the Application recovery CD that came with my PC. My questions is: How do I do this? If I put these disks in my CD drive, will it mess up any other programs/data, etc.?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page