Need Help With Outlook Express!!!!!!!!!!!

TNC Discussion Board: Downloads, uploads, file transfers: Need Help With Outlook Express!!!!!!!!!!!
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Can't upload an attachment  1   02/11 12:07pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sandy on Friday, December 15, 2000 - 06:43 am:

I have read all the "read me" about getting her going..but when I start to put in my ISP registration,I cann't get her goin..says cannot find "pop3"...'Imap"..or "HTTP","Is this the correct server".Have been trying for months to get her activated..but nothing happens..Have been able to get my address book going .....that's about all I can do.I have seen most of what she can do,a friend tried to get me set up..(long distance)..still nothing.So am desperate as to how to get set up and running.....HELP!!!!
Please Help me...not computer savvy...Sandy :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By joshlowe on Friday, December 15, 2000 - 09:37 am:

Sandy,

You have to use your correct mail settings to get it to retrieve and send email. If you do not know what this is, you will need to contact your internet provider to get this information. Here is the steps to do it in outlook express 5. Other versions should be similar.

1- Start up outlook express.
2- At the top of the menu, go to Tools, then click accounts.
3- Click the Mail tab on the window that opened
4- Click the add button on the right side.
5- Select Mail from the popup window
6- Type in the name that you would like displayed on email that you send, then click next.
7- Type in your email address in the blank, then click next.
8- Now is where you need the information from your internet provider. The "pop3" tells outlook express where your "post office box" is to get your email.
The "SMTP" gives outlook express permission to send email from your email account.
These are probably something like:
mail.provider.com (may be pop.provider.com)
mail.provider.com (may be smtp.provider.com)
9- Type in the first part of your email address (the part before the '@').
10- Type in the password you have for your account, check the "remember password" box if you want to, and then click next, then click finish.
11- click the Close button on the window displaying your accounts.
12- Press the Send/recieve button at the top. You should be in business!

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page