Problems with my computer

TNC Discussion Board: Downloads, uploads, file transfers: Problems with my computer
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Bad crash  4   08/30 10:05pm
CANT DOWNLOAD  1   06/19 07:50am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, December 16, 2000 - 02:23 am:

When we go from link to link, our computer freezes for like 10-20 seconds and then comes unfroze. We have a Compaq Presario and our internet provider is MSN...we need your help in finding what is wrong with our computer.
Thank You
S.C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Zena B. Anchor on Wednesday, January 03, 2001 - 06:42 pm:

Can't get to desktop. Msg states"OLE 2.0 initialization failed. Check OLE libraries are correct version". This is Windows 95 with a cable/modem hookup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By PITA on Wednesday, July 11, 2001 - 02:31 am:

My Windows ME computer will not allow me to download things. It looks as if it will, but at the end it tells me the download failed, or that the site is busy. My son suspects IE, but we can't uninstall if we can't download. Help!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 07:20 pm:

PITA:

Not quite sure what is going on here. Are you choosing "save file to disk" or "run program from location"? Secondly, try right-clicking on a download link, then choosing "save target as". Click the save button, and see how it does.

Josh Lowe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Janet Cardwell on Sunday, July 22, 2001 - 12:45 am:

When downloading with IE 5.5 I am sometimes getting Plugin Error, The plugin did not initialize properly, I cannot re download IE from
Microsoft as I get this Plugin Error message, but
I can download critical updates with no problem,
sometimes I can download and some downloads give
me the Plugin Error message, can anyone tell me
what is wrong.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jenny wester on Sunday, July 22, 2001 - 03:59 pm:

can anyone explain why this happens : i come on line with 95% systems resources...within 2 hours, it's dropped to 72%...one time, after a "freeze up" i checked systems resources and it was down to 4 %....i shouldn't have to reboot after 4-5 hours on line, should i ? i'm running netscape 4.7, 1.18 gb free space...thanks, anyone who has an idea of what's wrong...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, July 10, 2003 - 05:39 pm:

My computer will not allow mw to download, save,uninstall or open attachments'it looks as if will, but at the end tell me;
Internet explorer caanot download. Internet explorer was not able to open this internet site.
the requested is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.
This has been going on for a week already.
What is wrong.

Pleas help and thank you in advance

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 10:58 am:

I had a similar problem recently, which was cured by going to Tools > Internet Options in IE, choosing the "Advanced" tab and resetting to "default".

Good luck!

Dianne R

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By mana on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 02:47 pm:

Dianne,

Thank you for you advice I try it but did not work I still have the problem .
Is soo frustating, If someone has another solution please let me know, I don't know what else to do.

Please. I am begging you please help!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 09:06 am:

Which version of Windows are you using, and which browser?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By mana on Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 09:37 am:

Dreuby I am using Windows XP and internet explorer 6.0.

I apreciated any help I can get Thank you!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 10:42 am:

I'd try this site:
http://www.tweakxp.com
and choose the support forum (the link is at the left of the page).

One of the moderators helped me to sort out the problem I had (and a few others since!) when my system wouldn't let me visit certain sites, including the MS help forum.

Dianne

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page