Favorits- Bookmarks

TNC Discussion Board: Downloads, uploads, file transfers: How do you use -Favorite Places....Correct procedure: Favorits- Bookmarks
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Copy or burn favorites  1   04/30 09:42pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Maryann Bille on Sunday, January 14, 2001 - 09:18 am:

I was reading your newsletter and seen a problem in Favorites (Internet
>Explorer) being talked about. Here it is.
>
>You said to organize bookmarks you go to
>Start menu
>To alphabetize programs:
>1. Choose the Start menu.
>2. Right-click on the menu.
>3. Choose Sort by Name. Now the programs are in ascending alphabetical
>order.
>This does not work for me after a while.
>Here's my problem. After a while it stops using the Favorites (In the top
>tool bar) and starts a new Favorites at the bottom of the original
>Favorites menu. I now have 4 Favorites . When I want to bookmark a new
>page I click on Add and Highlight the Favorites (In the second row tool
>bar) are in Alphabetical order, only on this list . What causing my
>bookmarks to stop going in Alphabetical order.
>Is there a certain amount of bookmarks Favorites can hold? (Total amount
>of bookmarks)
>I have Internet Explorer 5.1 Thank
>You, Maryann mbille@accinternet.com
>
>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Sunday, January 14, 2001 - 04:35 pm:

Maryann;
If I understand right here's how it works.
When you organize your folders, as in your programs or Favorites, it only will remain that way until you add another favorite or program to the list.

In other words, when you add a favorite listing or program to these folders they will always go to the bottom of the list and will remain there until you hit "Organize" again.

IE: does not have any limitation on the amount or size of your favorite places folder.

I'm not sure what you are talking about when you say you have 4 favorite places??? Can you elaborate on this?

Catchup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Maryann Bille on Sunday, January 14, 2001 - 11:41 pm:

Catchup, When I had windows re-installed I had a copy of my bookmarks, I brought IE 5 up and placed it in favorites. When I went to look I scrolled down to favorites then it branched out to the right. Now when I go to favorites it branches out . I now have a duplicate favorites. After a little while it stopped going in Alphabetical order. I would go to the botton of the page after I booked something and click sort by name. It stopped doing that and started a new list at the botton of the page. I would click sort by name and nothing would move. I hope you can understand what I'm trying to tell you. Maryann

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Monday, January 15, 2001 - 06:21 pm:

Maryann;

You have a duplicate "Favorites" folder because when you placed your copy of your bookmarks in the folder you also placed the original "Favorites" folder inside the "new" favorites folder.

If you don't want this, you can delete the copy of "Favorites" and when you replace it again, place the individual folders located inside your copy of Favorites into the new "Favorites". Follow me?

In otherwords, open the copy of favorites in the right side of Windows Explorer and drag and drop the folder to the favorite folder in the left screen. Follow me?

When you save a page to your favorite places, you should organize your favorite places by creating new folders by Subject matter, you can also create new folders within folders. You can then sort these files within the individual folders with the sort tool.

Hope this helps
If you need more just ask ;-)

Catchup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 01:52 am:

When I click on Organize Favorites, it will flash briefly then disappear. I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 11:14 am:

Is it "hiding" behind another window? Look at your Task Bar at the bottom of the screen, and see if it shows there, and if you can click on it to bring it to the front.

If not, what versions of Windows and IE are you using?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 02:47 pm:

Re: Organize Favorites
No, it is not hiding behind another widow. I am using IE 6 withe sp 1. Is it possible I have inadvertently changed a setting someplace?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page