How do I find "Temp.Folders"????????

TNC Discussion Board: Downloads, uploads, file transfers: How do I find "Temp.Folders"????????
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sandy K. on Friday, February 02, 2001 - 10:50 am:

Aloha..:)
1)=Need to find where the temp.folders are kept...need to do some house cleaning for space.
2)=Also need to know what folders that can be deleted..so as not to delete those that have to stay put...Don't want to screw my computer up...heard some horror stories as to files that were deleted had to stay put..HELP
Aloha..Sandy K.....Be :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, February 02, 2001 - 06:16 pm:

Go to http://www.techtv.com/callforhelp/answerstips/ will tell you how to clean up your temporary files

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Frank Lavallee on Friday, February 09, 2001 - 12:08 pm:

Sandy:

You can safely delete ALL of the following:

c:\windows\temp

c:\temp

*.tmp

(The first 3 have to do with getting rid of your temporary files)

*.chk

~*.*

_*.*

*.??~

*.??_

Reboot your computer afterwards.

Keep all this junk in the Recycle Bin for a few days to convince yourself that your computer is running okay. Once you're convinced, empty the Recycle Bin to reclaim the hard drive space. Defrag your hard drive afterwards because it'll need it.

http://www.senior.com/newbies/CaptainSpeleo/ehouse.asp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Frank Lavallee on Friday, February 09, 2001 - 12:12 pm:

Almost forgot to tell you this.

When you click Start, Find - Files And Folders to do this, make sure that Include Subfolders is checked.

If you get an error message that a temporary file can't be deleted, it may still be in use. Just wait until the following day and delete it.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page