NETSCAPE 6.0

TNC Discussion Board: Downloads, uploads, file transfers: NETSCAPE 6.0
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Barbara Murphy on Wednesday, February 28, 2001 - 08:52 pm:

i INSTALLED NETSCAPE BROWSER, I THINK IT'S 6.0 NOW I DON'T WANT IT, i WENT BACK TO INTERNET EXPLORER, IS IT GOING TO DO ANYTHING TO MY INTERNET AFTER I REMOVE IT FROM MY COMPUTER, WII ALL WORK OK AFTER THE UNINSTALL?
THANK YOU bARBARA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Thursday, March 01, 2001 - 01:05 am:

Barbara:

You can safely uninstall netscape without any problems. The only thing is if you have set it as your default browser. If so, starting Internet explorer should ask "do you want IE to be the default browser" ... say "YES". That should fix that.

It is likely that internet explorer is already the default...which means you can uninstall netscape without affecting anything. I know Netscape 6 is a little weird... I downloaded it last week and I am trying to get the hang of it too. :)

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Frank Lavallee on Saturday, March 03, 2001 - 08:27 pm:

Barbara:

If you decide to uninstall it, do the following to completely get rid of Netscape 6.0:

1. Uninstall it in Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.

2. Go into C:\Program Files and delete the Netscape folder.

3. Go into Find - Files And Folders, type in "netscape"(without the quotes), then delete all the files that appear.

4. Click Start - Run, type "REGEDIT"(without the quotes), then click Okay to open the Registry. Click the + in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and the + in Software. Scroll down until you find the Netscape folder(if it's still there), then right-click it and click Delete.

5. Reboot your computer.

http://www.senior.com/newbies/CaptainSpeleo/ehouse.asp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, April 09, 2001 - 02:19 pm:

I downloaded netscape 6.0 the other day and when I wanted to run it, it said netscape is not activated. How do I activate it?

Thanks.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page