How do I open files using the "Open With" box

TNC Discussion Board: Downloads, uploads, file transfers: How do I open files using the "Open With" box
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Changing program to open with.  1   02/15 11:45pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By mykitty2 on Tuesday, March 27, 2001 - 01:21 am:

when i get something and that open with window appears i can never open the item with anything i select

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 12:55 am:

mykitty2:

What error message (if any) do you get when you attepmt to open with another program?

Josh Lowe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jan on Wednesday, December 05, 2001 - 01:20 pm:

In re: mykitty2 and Josh Lowe (Mar.26, and 27, '01) I have that problem too, usually pops up on my desktop as soon as I start the computer. When I click on an item, I'll use ELNhelp for example, I get a message box, saying, "Windows cannot find ELNhelp.exe"
, click OK and another box pops up that 'This program is needed for opening files_______', so on.I have 'several' of them, just alike, I can delete those, but I can't delete the one that comes up when I start my computer!! I know it is 'awhile after the fact' but I just found this, and could really use the help. Thank You--jj

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By joseph sweeney on Friday, December 07, 2001 - 05:58 pm:

When I try to download some files etc. a window pops up with the message Plugin error. Also,Failed to initialize properly.What do I do. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By john raymond marsden on Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 08:59 am:

when i open a file ( photo eg. ) that is attached to an e-mail, it always opens in one of the two programs that i don,t want it to, how can i get it to use the other program instead.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 08:31 am:

In Win9x
In Explorer, choose a file, and click once to select it. Then hold Shift and click right, choose Open With. Then scroll down and choose the program you want to open that file type with. Click OK.

WinXP
In Explorer, right click the file, and choose Open with, then scroll to the program you want. Click OK.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page