Problem with the "Open with..."-window

TNC Discussion Board: Downloads, uploads, file transfers: Problem with the "Open with..."-window
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Dieter Schoop on Monday, April 02, 2001 - 07:02 pm:

Who can help me with this problem?
I downloaded the Analog Web site traffic analyzer and unzipped it with the Unzip Wizard. I’m a Windows 98 user.

As I was trying to open it I came across this dreaded “Open with…” window and instead of clicking Cancel, I gave it a try with Adobe as the program to open. But the screen told me this is not possible.

Then I read the “Read Me” text and was instructed to use Notepad to open.

Trouble is that my machine keeps showing Adobe as program to open and I can’t get back to that “Open with…” window, press Cancel and use Notepad.

What is the solution to this problem?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Dieter Schoop, Bahamas, swisscom@batelnet.bs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Tuesday, April 03, 2001 - 01:40 am:

Dieter:

First, click once on the file you want to open. It should now be high-lighted. Then, press and hold the SHIFT key while you right-click on the file. (sounds complicated in words, but not too hard.)

In the options, you will find a "open with..." selection. Choose that. That will give you the open with window. Then, scroll down to notepad, click it once, then check the "always use this program" box, and hit OK. That should get you going.

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page