Opening e-mail attachments

TNC Discussion Board: Downloads, uploads, file transfers: Opening e-mail attachments
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Elaine Gregersen on Sunday, April 15, 2001 - 06:38 pm:

I am so happy to have someone listen, have tried all the regular routes with no luck. Here is my probem. The "paper Clip" on my E-mail, when I click it on, I get a black screen from "Home-excite" and behind it a flashing screen which looks like the download screen and behind it is another screen telling me this action has been cancelled. My attachments are from Genealogy sites or family friends, and should not have virus, any ideas? was told should contact Microsoft, but really cannot aford their advise.
Help, anything appreciated.
Elaine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Tuesday, April 17, 2001 - 07:52 pm:

Elaine:

I would try downloading and reinstalling Outlook Express. I have no clue what is going on there, but something has gotten messed up with how your computer retrieves attachments.

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Roseyb on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 10:17 am:

ok here goes..I copy a pic,do the "save pic as",put it in my "pic file/folder"...then when I come to take it from there and put it in an email,a notice comes up saying "one or more of the pics will be lost do I want to continue"...I have checked my OE to make sure the "pic box is ticked"...and the rest is in order...but I still get this message up,sometimes when I forward things(in email) my friends say its blank...is this all part of the same problem....its driving us all crazy.....
Also,please can you tell me if "spybok" is worth d/loading ...I have win98,I dont understand a lot of the tecnical stuff they printed with it... email replies would be great please,coz I print them off and follow any instructions given (its best when your aged :0)...many thanks Roseyb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jgvernonco on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 03:00 pm:

I sent you an email.

I can't find anything on Spybok, which makes me very suspicious.

I can fully endorse two programs, which run together nicely; I have used them both for some time now, and I wouldn't want to be without them. Both are free. They are both offered by Javacool Software. Here are the links:

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareguard.html

Put them on your weekly "update list", and they'll be important in keeping your system running.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page