Sending a Screen Shot

TNC Discussion Board: Downloads, uploads, file transfers: Sending a Screen Shot
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ken De Pree on Wednesday, May 02, 2001 - 08:29 pm:

For diagnostic purposes, I've been asked to take a screen shot and send it to a technician. How do I do this? I found a way to get a screen shot on the clipboard, but technician said to save it as a .bmp file. My only option seems to be a .clp. When I click "all files" I get a list of what I assume are existing .bmp files. Frankly, I'm confused. Any help will be appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Thursday, May 03, 2001 - 06:55 pm:

Ken:

What program are you using to save your screen shot? Here is what I suggest:

Get your screenshot to clipboard.

Click start/programs/accessories/PAINT. Then, click Edit/paste, or press CTRL + V. This will paste the clip to the page.

Then click File/save As... Choose bitmap from the type if that is not already selected, then type in a name, and notice on the top pull-down menu where the picture is being saved.

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ken De Pree on Friday, May 04, 2001 - 10:22 pm:

Josh,

Thanks for your response. Since writing original question, I have been doing much "research". One outcome of this was that I downloaded Microsoft"s ClipBook to replace the clipboard. To save screen shots, I have now found 3 options: (1) click print screen, (2) highlight and click "copy" which seems to autmatically put text that I am interested in printing after putting on notepad, and (3) Clicking on the "screen capture" on the menu for Power Bar (a download I learned about from one of the newsletters that I have subscribed to). (By the way, I think I am really going to like this Clipbook, since it lets me same screen shots as "pages".

Getting the item to the clipboard/book is not a problem. Using Paint is. When I click on edit/paste "paste" is greyed out. Rather, I must indicate where I want to get the item to be pasted from. To get the clipboard/book I tried to click "c">programs>accessories. Accessories opened, but all that was listed was "backup" and "hyperlink".

By experimenting, I did find that I could get the screen shot more or less in shape to email it by opening Word, pasting the clipboard/book item on a document, then emailing the document. Only tried it with text, don't know if it will work with the picture of a notice window that the technician wants me to send.

Obviously I am going to Paris to get to China. Any further guidance you can give me will be appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Lenise Page on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 02:55 pm:

Hi

Can someone help me with how to do a screen grab of a web site and copying it to a cd please?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 09:04 pm:

The "Print Screen" key will take a screenshot (up above your Insert key) - you can then paste it into a graphics program to edit and/or save and copy to cd. If you don't have a graphics program already, I use the free http://www.irfanview.com I use it's screen capture facility, rather than Print Screen, but it's the same end result.

Dianne Reuby
http://www.swindonvirtualoffice.co.uk

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page