Help with email

TNC Discussion Board: Downloads, uploads, file transfers: Help with email
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Transferring Email  1   10/24 06:32pm
Free  1   03/27 03:15pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Irene on Friday, May 04, 2001 - 12:51 pm:

Im a PC newby, with years with WEBTV.
I am now transfering from WEBTV to my new PC websites & webpages.
The problem is that they come out in balck ink, not in the blue, therefore are NOT clickable, and Im stuck, with 35 transfers in my mailbox, that I cannot open, to store in my favorites.
Please HELP!!!! and thanks for being here for us, Irene

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, May 04, 2001 - 04:00 pm:

Irene:

Are these email messages that you are trying to click to sites with? And if so, are you using AOL?

If so, AOL doesn't allow users to click directly on a link. (Why? I dunno, perhaps their arrogance in thinking that they don't have to be like everyone else as long as they are the biggest. Sorry... I never miss a chance to attack AOL.)

Here is how to use those links:

Left-click and hold the mouse button down and drag it across the link that you want to visit. Then, while the link is highlighted, right-click on it, then left click on COPY. (Or, press CTRL + C.)

Next, go to your aol browser. At the top, below the back,forward, stop buttons and so on, there is a blank line. Click once on it, then right-click and left click on paste. (Or press CTRL + V.)

Hit enter.

Now, if you are not on AOL, then I am totally not understanding your original question (that could be). Just let me know.

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page