Deleting virus lost exe file need to find clean one

TNC Discussion Board: Downloads, uploads, file transfers: Deleting virus lost exe file need to find clean one
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By alex wiest on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 02:50 pm:

Hi, I had a w32/sircam worm virus. Had to delete to get rid of it (with norton) I need to find a new "scam32.exe" I have lost my system tray. I have widows ME it was factory installed so I only have a Systemax recovery cd-rom. Is it on there and where? Or do I need to look somewhere else. Hope you can help. Thanks Dragoll aka Alex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, July 30, 2001 - 12:25 am:

Alex:

My suggestion is a reinstall of ME. I am not sure how to get to it on your system restore disk. My suggestion: Call the tech support line of the company that you bought the computer from. Sure, that is a cheesy answer, but heck, you are paying for something... use it.

Josh

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page