Help please i'm begging.

TNC Discussion Board: Downloads, uploads, file transfers: Help please i'm begging.
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By peter reynolds on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 06:54 am:

I am a member of a babbleboard and now it is the only page i carn't get on the net,the site owner has no idea why and i have run every tweek,fix,defrag,cleaned cache,and any other Norton thiny-ma-jiggs and what-ch-ma-call-its,i come across, and now instead of 404 error and the usual can not find page notice i get the following,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By peter reynolds on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 06:56 am:

Index of /

Parent Directory (this does nothing)

stats (this puts up screen IE: enter network password,site www.boneland.com,realm default)Authorization Required

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

I sent this to the site owner and he can not explain it ,he sent me a link and when i clicked it i got the page:
index/
parent directory
stats

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By peter on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 06:57 am:

Any help would be greatly appreciated,Thank-you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By peter reynolds on Sunday, September 09, 2001 - 03:31 am:

Up date on problem i have done a compleat reinstall and still the same problem my brother said it looked like my com was trying to get past the homepage and into the stats page when i type the address without the www it now goes to the home page but no where else from there just gives an error 404 message.THANK-YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE TRIED TO HELP WHAT WONDERFULL PEOPLE YOU ARE.-peter:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By marrots on Saturday, June 01, 2002 - 01:30 am:

Just a few thoughts:
1. You don't have a PopUp Stopper installed, or something like AdSubtract that might be blocking the site for any reason do you?
2. If you have a firewall installed, it may also be configured to block it somehow, you might check that too.
3. Is your browser updated to the latest version?
4. The only other thing I can think of is your browser settings, ...java permissions, etc. Check your settings unter Tools Menu, Internet Options, Advanced.

Good Luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By susan slater on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 05:04 pm:

hi i downloaded incredimail free version which i think is the fastest
> email i have found yet.but the problem i have when i stert my pc
> it is tring to download it again i keep getting a start download
> icon come on at start with download instructions as i have already
> downloaded this and it works perpectly how do get rid of this
> second download i am a complete novice on pcs so need plain instructions
on
> how to do it
> can you help
> thanks sue

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page