Problem installing Tweak UI...

TNC Discussion Board: Downloads, uploads, file transfers: Problem installing Tweak UI...
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Fred Gilmand on Saturday, July 28, 2001 - 01:26 am:

I downloaded "tweak UI" from Microsoft and the "read me" file said to right-click the ".inf" file and then click "install" in the drop down menu.
Lo and behold... no "install" in the menu...
What could be wrong?
I just purchased this IBM computer with Win 2000 Professional pre-installed (end of May) and am still trying to get "acquainted" with it after being well versed in Win95!!!
Hope someone can help!
Thank you,
Fred.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, July 28, 2001 - 04:41 pm:

Fred,
You may have received a bad download, go here for a new download and full install instructions.
Hope this helps

http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking/NTTweakUI.asp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Fred L. Gilmand on Sunday, July 29, 2001 - 01:57 am:

Hello "Anonymous"...
I just went to the URL you provided, downloaded the file, unzipped it , right-clicked on "tweakui.inf" and the context menu showed "Open" instead if "Install"...
Something is definitely wrong since I installed tweak UI for Win 95 on my "old" computer with no problems...
I looked at Microsoft's FAQs for Win2000 (200 of them!) but found nothing there although there is a solution for the same problem in Win95 and Win98. I do not think I should use that solution in Win2000, what do you think?
Thank you,
Fred.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, July 29, 2001 - 07:27 pm:

Fred,
I went to the url and downloaded tweak UI, unzipped it and when I went to the temp file where it was was unzipped to. I right clicked on the "tweakui.inf" file, on the dropdown list the 3rd. item down said INSTALL you might check it out again.
Good Luck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, July 30, 2001 - 12:21 am:

Fred:

I don't think the tweakUI made for Win9x will work on Win 2k pro.

Josh

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page