Copying a cd

TNC Discussion Board: Downloads, uploads, file transfers: Copying a cd
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By lster54 on Friday, November 16, 2001 - 11:38 am:

i am copying a cd book
and using cdr's brand name HI-VAL--1X-16X--650MB-74 MIN and keep getting and error message..
if i switch and use a cdr (brand name Imation 80 minutes it is okay--
is it that most cd books (got from public library are over 74 minutes?????)
hope you can help me---2nd
question...
if the cd does not complete as the above incident is there any way to erase and use again or just dispose of
thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Tuesday, November 20, 2001 - 04:17 pm:

lster54 - Whenever you buy mass quantities of cd's, you can usually expect for a couple to be no good. Just throw the one that gives the error message away, and try another cd in the package.

The length doesn't make any difference except how much you can store on it..all cdr's can work with different sizes of cd's.

There is no way to erase a CDR. A CDRW can be erased and written to again. If you are trying to record on a cd that you have used before, that will be the reason you are getting an error message.

If that doesn't solve your problem, post back with the exact error message you are getting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jackie Collins on Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 04:22 am:

I was burning a cd but was told I had an error. Now, it won't allow me to use the same cd. My computer keeps prompting me to insert a clean or unused disc. I placed the cd in my entertainment system and it is blank. Can you help me? Also, when I was searching for certain songs, the items were placed in an upload file, what is that? I can't transfer the files to save in my music folder.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page